Monday, November 02, 2009

Because I Should

This year I am not doing NanoWriMo. I am skipping it not because I can't do it--last year proved I could do it--but because it is mor important to me to finish up last year's novel. But I feel kind of guilty about letting myself off the hook. It is an intense process and one that found me rediscovering my creative side and pushed me to work harder. It reminded me that I am capable of going full on when it comes to my writing and something I have to do.

It made me feel good about myself.

But instead I am going to force myself to bog everyday. Not because I have an audience, not because life has suddenly become better fodder for recapping but because I can. I'm not sure how this will work out because it will be a struggle to try and keep this readable but I figure it will push me to keep my fingers moving.

Hopefully this won't bore the hell out of people.

1 comment:

jen said...

if you post everyday, i will read everyday.

last year's novel sits unfinished and i shamefully sweep it under the bed because editing seems harder then doing something new.

this year is pure fiction though. no personal essays. this scares be, but 5 pages into it, i am reminded that writing about someone else and not myself takes a lot of work. if i can finish this year then, and only then, will i pat myself on the back.