Monday, August 07, 2006

I've Decided

That I'm not celebrating my birthday any more. After a lot of thought I have decided that I am not only not doing anything for my birthday this year but I'm done trying to celebrate it.

It seems that every year something awful happens on my birthday to upset me and so I have decided to stop trying for a good one. I know this e-mail will come off as bratty, childish and immature but I'm tired of playing Charlie Brown to the Lucy that is my birthday.

So what I'm asking is starting with this year that my birthday is done.I don't want events or parties, gifts or cards, songs or phone calls. It's just something that I think will make me happier in the long run and as my friends I hope you'll understand where I'm coming from.

I've actually thought this for a long time as I lived through so many bad birthdays with the waking up the hospital, friends out of town, not so surprise parties, parties that fell through as well as my unrealistic expectations.

I'm letting you all know this because I know that I had spent a lot of time this summer thnking I was going to do something but there is way too many things in the way and I could feel myself getting upset and depressed so I deicded I'm done.

I know that this e-mail will probably get passed on and talked about. I would hope not but understand that people will wonder whats up.

Anyways--that's all. I just wanted to let you guys know this is REALLY want I want for my birthday. Not to have one...

Hang out soon?

PS And honestly--there is a certain camp appeal to having my last birthday be so infamous. Who else could have that happen to them?

Keep good

No comments: