Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Summer Surprise! More Finola Hughes on General Hospital

After superspy Anna Devane's splashy five-episode return to General Hospital last week, Finola Hughes' devotees were left thirsty for more.Happily, Finola has revealed on her personal blog that a return engagement is imminent. "Anna needs a place for the summer," Fin teased in her latest post. "She'll be there late June through August. Know of any vacancies?""Finola told me at the Emmys that she had really a good time and she would love to come back," Hospital head writer Bob Guza tells TVGuide.com. "I said, 'Anytime.'"While a full summer's stay is certainly better than a week, might Finola remain in Port Charles on a more permanent basis?"If I have my way, she will be back for a looong period of time," Guza says. "I know she has that other Style network show [How Do I Look?] but maybe there's some way she could do both. I'd do anything possible scheduling-wise to accommodate her 'cause I just love Finola."Also, we got a whole lot of emails and phone calls to the show on the Friday afternoon when she dropped out of the helicopter," Guza adds. "The response to Finola's return as Anna Devane has been very, very strong, which is wonderful. She's a capable, competent woman who can kick a man's ass, yet she's a sexy seductress and she's Robin's mom, having to deal with a grown daughter who's having relationship problems. Finola juggles those three aspects extremely well."

No comments: