Saturday, April 02, 2005

Even When It Sucks

So there was a mistake made on Invasion Iowa--my first story producing position. They forgot to include me on the credits!!! I e-mailed Paul--one of my bosses to see if they had aired it on another night. (working nights made it hard to get to see it).

Paul e-mailed a nice letter andtalked about somehow they forgot to place the change and that he was upset about it. And then he posted this on The Invasion Iowa blogg.

Hey There,

Paul Coyne again here. I wanted to add one little correction in the credits of our show....

Somehow, there was a mistake in the credits and Rory LaPointe, who began on our show as a tape logger and was promoted to Story Editor, was credited incorrectly. If his family or friends are out there reading this - HE WAS A STORY EDITOR!!!

Those responsible for checking that the credits were accurate will be dealt with!

Somehow in the mad rush to get this show completed, that one slipped through the cracks and I wanted to get it out there publicly for the world and his family to see.

I've worked with Rory on several seasons of Big Brother and I was lucky to have him on our team for Invasion Iowa. Rory is one of the sweetest and most dedicated and talented guys and I'm crushed that his well-deserved promotion wasn't properly recognized.

Rory was my touchstone for the Don Rath graveside scene because he was the most vocal person about it's need to be non-exploitative. I hope Rory was satisfied with the way it turned out.

Again, my apologies to Rory and my thanks to all of you.

- Paul Coyne


That's the nicest thing ever written about my work--and I saw the scene and it was amazing.

1 comment:

Ms. Lori said...

Hi Rory,

Sorry that happened to you. I'm sure there'll be even bigger and better credits coming your way, though.

LOVED the show, BTW.