Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Why I Love My Roommate--

Edie is in Australia working on the film and this is one of her cheif concerns--accroding to her e-mail..

"Of course one of the first things I had to do when I got here was find the closest malls and main department store.  It's odd though because it's fall here and all the clothes are all about winter.  It's really mixing me up, my brain is thinking spring and they're trying to sell me sweaters.  I'm trying to put my finger on what the fashion trends are here.  Since they have winter after us, are they copying what we wore this past season or are they the first one to wear what we'll be wearing next year?  I haven't decided yet, but I'll keep you posted.  It seems to be a small mix of both"

I love the fact that she is not only confused by the trends of the Land Down Under but that she will keep us abreast of what she discovers.

I guess this is what she means by the peril of the gobalization of world fashion.

God Bless the little clotheshorse.

No comments: