Monday, September 24, 2012

You Dont Win Friends With Salad

(one of my favorite lines from the Simpons ever.)


So I have been working on being vegan... It's not about animal cruelty but more about wanting to get healthier, faster and run cleaner. It's been a challange to go from carb free to most eating fruits and veggies--I miss cheese tremendously--but it's nice to have grapes and carrots and watermelon back

yum

The hardest part has been eating right and enough. I deciced to get back on track eating wide by counting calories and trying to stick with a set diet of 2000 calories a day. It's a lot for me in general but it's important for me to make sure I feed myself properly. I didnt realize how off my numbers were until I tallied up my average lunch and found it was barely 200 calories.

This would explain my constant need for naps after work--my body was trying to shut down.

So I have started to try and rebuild how I see food. I force myself to eat a bigger lunch, pay attention to what really goes on my plate and how it makes me feel. I try not to let myself go to far with the analyzing--I am always a few steps away from reliving my eating disorder years--but trying to see what I do and why I do it. It's good to learn to better one's self.

Now if only more of the vegan resteraunts in LA delivered. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to eat like this outside of a major city.

No comments: