Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Power of No

I recently came to notice how much I use the word no... I was flying back from a wedding and thinking about my life and how I handle things--how negative I can be--and how I want to change that... Part of it is how quickly I negate things--no I dont eat that, no I dont want to wear that, no I dont have the time to write, no I dont want to try that...

Its a bigger list than that.

So I'm trying to find a way to turn things to the positive... Instead of I dont eat burgers--I choose to eat portbella mushrooms grilled instead--I choose to wear my hippy goofy clothes instead of hating on black pieces and boring ties--I want to work on knowing new people instead of saying no to strangers.. I'm hoping this wil push me further into trying new things, thinking new ways and find new avenues for myself.

It's time to say yes

No comments: