Monday, September 25, 2006

Talk About A Whorescope

(from Perez Hilton.)

In the new issue of The Advocate, Miss Cleo admits that she likes to read palms and eat pussy (in not so many words).

These days, the former infomercial queen works as a "spiritual adviser" and even performs weddings for gay and lesbian couples!

In The Advocate, Miss Cleo reveals that she was inspired to come out because of a gay, teenage family member:

- "He and I started talking when he was concerned about coming out. He was 16. When he made the decision I told him I'd be there 100%, and he embraced [coming out] whole-heartedly. It's a different vibe than when I was his age, being raised Catholic in an all-girls boarding school. But he was afraid of nothing and I thought, 'I can't be a hypocrite. This boy is going to force me to put my money where my mouth is.'"

On why she decided to stay in the closet until now, when she's in her 40s:

- "The reason it's scary is because in my personal experience, black cultures throughout the world have a more difficult time accepting homosexuality in their family. I have family members who will be shocked; they don't know. I have some family members who are very close to me, and they know. But I've been afraid of the wrath, of the exile. When I came out to a number of friends in the late '80s, I had a number of friends who turned their backs on me and walked away That was really intense. I really believed they were my friends."

Though she's been in two serious, long-term relationships, Miss Cleo is currently single. And she's looking for love:

"Things aren't sagging too badly. I still look pretty decent, and I'm faced with the second half of my life. I've been out to two clubs in the area in the last three years. I got mad love. They said, 'Miss Cleo! We love you.' So how do I take back my power? I take it back my stepping up to the plate and saying, 'You know what? This is me.' I don't want to hide. Fear only impedes you on your journey."

Amen, sister!!

No comments: