Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hipster
Sometimes I think I am not a hipster.... And then I post a picture like this.



And there is a part of me that should hate this---and knows if I saw this on the street I would burst out laghing. I am starting to realize that as I get older--the things I laugh at the most are usually the things I wish I was too.

When I giggle at the hot pink shirt guy at the club or a certain friend's feathered jacket or the girl who always wears inappropriate shoes or the guy who always tries to be super dressed up--what i am really thinking is that I kind of wish that I was that person.

Don't get me wrong--I don't doubt my abilty to be cool and daring but I also spend my time reigning in--a little bit. But then I have days where i run around in headbands and cardigans from Sears 1970 and love it.

I should trust that more

No comments: